top of page

Committed to Funding the Indigenous and Underserved

Low Cost/No Cost Fundraiser

group-business-executives-forming-huddle (1).jpg

Our Mission

Join Us in Supporting Mental Health Equity

Trauma Recovery Services of Arizona (TRSAZ) stands as a beacon of hope, helmed by Indigenous leadership and a deep commitment to health equity. Our mission extends beyond the clinic walls, aiming to restore vibrant quality of life across BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and veteran communities through the power of trauma-informed care.


Utilizing a blend of innovative technology and evidence-based therapies, we strive to address the nuanced needs of those touched by trauma, ensuring our services resonate on a deeply personal and cultural level. Join us in our relentless pursuit to heal, empower, and transform lives, as we work together to mend the fabric of communities historically burdened by trauma.

About Us

A Legacy of Care, A Future of Hope

Our founder, Jordanna Saunders, brings a lifetime of experience and understanding from her upbringing on the Navajo reservation, translating this profound connection to her work at TRSAZ. Our clinic emerges from the heart of community and tribal mental health advocacy, championing the cause of health equity for the underserved with unyielding passion.


Each therapist at TRSAZ, trained in modalities like EMDR and TF-CBT, embodies our commitment to culturally and trauma-informed care. Through our services, we confront conditions that diminish life's quality, offering a path to healing for those facing the shadows of PTSD, depression, anxiety, and the scars of violence and neglect. At TRSAZ, we believe in the transformative power of therapy, embracing our role as catalysts for change in the journey towards holistic well-being.

js headshot 2021.jpg

The Challenge

Overcoming Barriers to Access

The disparities in mental health access for Indigenous and underserved communities are profound, with significant impacts on their overall well-being. TRSAZ aims to bridge this gap, ensuring those affected by historical trauma receive the care they need.


High Rates of Mental Health Issues: PTSD, depression, and anxiety are prevalent, affecting quality of life and lifespan.


Violence Against Indigenous Women: Rates far exceed national averages, with limited access to support.


Access Barriers: Systemic obstacles hinder the availability of trauma-informed care.


Need for Specialized Services: Culturally sensitive mental health services are in critical demand.

Our Approach

Expanding Access to Care

At TRSAZ, we employ an innovative 80-20 model to democratize access to our trauma-informed care services. With 80% of our clients possessing some form of funding—be it commercial insurance, Medicaid, or third-party payor support—the remaining 20% receive services at a significantly reduced cost or completely free of charge. This model ensures that individuals who are uninsured or underinsured, and who would likely forego therapy altogether, can receive the care they need.

By offering life-changing therapy modalities, such as EMDR, at low or no cost, we aim to disrupt the status quo of mental health access, facilitating healing from historical trauma, military service wounds, and childhood abuse. This approach is a testament to our belief in the power of therapy to effect transformative healing and foster health equity.


Your Support Can Create Miracles

Help us sustain our low/no cost clinic. Your donation supports operational costs, enabling us to offer life-changing therapy, such as EMDR, to uninsured or underinsured individuals. Together, we can disrupt the status quo and advance health equity.

Make A Difference

bottom of page